It is important to have a plan in case your pet experiences an emergency. Emergencies can happen at any time and can sometimes be costly or invasive.
What is considered an emergency?
- Toxin/Foreign object ingestion
- Vehicular trauma (even if your pet seems like they are okay, it is important to check for internal injury)
- Severe bleeding
- Difficulty or inability to urinate
- Choking or difficulty breathing
- Injuries to eyes
- Broken bones or severe lameness
- Heat stroke or hypothermia
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea
- Pale gums or mucous membranes
We do offer limited emergency and critical care services during our regular office hours. Please note that our case load varies depending on staff available and we cannot guarantee a same day appointment for your pet if you are experiencing an emergency.
The Red River Animal Emergency Hospital & Referral Center (RRAEH) in Fargo, ND offers 24/7 emergency care. RRAEH will triage your pet and assess your pet’s needs immediately. If you are experiencing an emergency, especially if it is after office hours, please call RRAEH at 701-478-9299.